Exchanging Models

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ScottishDuck, Sep 28, 2014.

1. ScottishDuck macrumors 6502a

ScottishDuck

This has probably been asked before but I am unfamiliar with Apple's returns/exchange policy.

I have a 64GB 6+ on order and I'm impatiently waiting for it to arrive. Let's say I find the size isn't right for me, the 128GB 6 costs the same amount. So could I go into an apple store and, stock permitting, do a straight swap (within the returns period)?

2. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Yes. There are no restocking fees (at least in the U.S.). Just be within the 14 days and as long as they have the 6 you want, it should be no issue.

Good luck!

3. ScottishDuck thread starter macrumors 6502a

ScottishDuck

Thanks for the straightforward answer. I'll need to give the plus a proper try before I make any decision but it's good to know I have options.

4. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

No problem! I was in the 4.7" camp for the longest time but I ended up falling for the 5.5" Plus. If your a tall person with big hands and proper pockets for it, the Plus is probably going to be the one you want. If your hands are normal sized, the regular 6 would suit you best.

After showing my phone to a few people they changed their minds as well about the 5.5" and ended up getting one.

5. ScottishDuck thread starter macrumors 6502a

ScottishDuck

I'm a very tall fellow. I briefly tried a plus in store and could reach across the screen one handed, which so many video reviews had claimed was basically impossible. I do feel pretty settled on the plus since I sold my iPad previous to buying it too.

6. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

I see you are not in the USA, in that case you need to contract Apple Store or your Carrier (depending on where you are purchasing it) directly.