exchanging my 1st gen ipod touch for a 4g?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Manikstor, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Manikstor macrumors member

So im trying to convince myself to get a 4gen ipod touch. Which i think i am going to do considering i have the 1st gen and i use my ipod a lot. Not only for school stuff but also sometimes at work and of course i use it in my car for my music.

I currently have the 1st gen 8gb and idk what im going to do with that one, considering i will be getting the 4g. I don't want to have 2 ipod's, that is just a waste. i was thinking of selling on ebay but i dont know what would be an appropriate price to get considering that the ipod is in perfect condition, barely any scratches in the back no dents or anything never been dropped ( always in a case). how much do you think i can sell it for?

And also i dont know what size to get for the latest ipod touch. I dont know if i should go for the 8gb or the 32gb ( i wish they had the 16gb ). I mean the 1st gen ipod touch that i have is 8gb and was sufficient enough for my music as i only have about 2gb of music but the thing is i didnt download too many apps or games because the ipod itself is a bit slow lol. Also i don't know how much space do video's that are recorded from the camera take and pictures as well.

thanks!

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I'm not sure what price to set the 1G at. But I suggest going with the 32Gb. It'll give you room for growth and give you a higher resell value.

3. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

32 GB is only 70 dollars more than the 8 GB. I don't know how that doesn't cinch it for everyone.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed, 4X the space for less than $100 is a no-brainer.

5. Abscissa macrumors regular

I can't imagine a 1G 8GB is worth very much, considering I can buy a decent condition one for like $100 on craigslist. But I'm really not sure. But I'd go for the 32GB. I have like 18GBs of stuff on mine. But buying an 8GB will give you about 6.5GB of free space.

6. HuggyLowDown macrumors regular

HuggyLowDown

I would suggest that you sell your 1st Gen iPod for around $75. It may seem a bit low, but that was the very first iPod touch and can't run certain apps and stuff like that.

Now for which size to pick for the 4th Gen, I would try and shoot for a 32 GB because now that it has two cameras, so many updates, and big apps coming soon, you're gonna need all that space. So go for the 32GB.