Exchanging my MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dan35, Aug 24, 2009.

1. dan35 macrumors newbie

I bought a MBP last week then found myself exchanging for a new one after hardware issues. With my second MBP, I find that I may be going in for a third one as it had a black scrape on the lid, slanted "f" keys, and other cosmetic defects. Anyone had similar experiences? Or am I just being picky. Credit Apple for willing to exchange it without giving me a hard time.

2. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

You paid a lot of money, so I think you deserve your money's worth. However, slanted keys are pretty standard on most Mac notebooks I look at at the Apple Store. And if the scratch is super tiny, that could even be your fault (according to them). I think if you didn't return it instantly, you should just be happy with it... that was your acceptance. If there is a ding or severe scratch, you should immediately call Apple and tell them, so I would expect Apple to put up a little more resistance this time. However, maybe you just got around to opening it???

In all honesty, I would return it... would have instantly. I would expect my money to buy me a "near perfect" model. However, I wouldn't call crooked keys a problem... easy to pull up and correct by yourself.

Good luck whichever route you go.

3. dan35 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I phoned the Apple retail store where I bought it and told them the problem and they said they understand. The scratch is tiny. I opened the box yesterday.