Exchanging Peripheral Hardware Possible?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Sandman1969, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Sandman1969 macrumors 6502a

Sandman1969

We just received one of our new 27" iMac. I didn't change out the keyboard/mouse combination. They were refurbished. Though Keyboard and mouse look like new. Well so does the iMac.

Anyone think an Apple store might entertain my desire to swap with a Keyboard w/Num Pad along with the Trackpad? I would love to do that, even if it would cost a few extra $$?
    Especially, since it wasn't an added cost to change that configuration.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I doubt seriously a store will trade new items for refurbished, but you may be able to get Apple to swap them, especially within the 14 day return period. I'd give them a call.

3. Sandman1969 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sandman1969

I am not sure the keyboard and mouse are refurbished. Though, of course not sure how to tell they are. but the keyboard/mouse box looks new and maybe just added to the system.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Even so, because you bought a refurb unit, any exchanges should be done with Apple, not a store. Stores have nothing to do with refurbished sales or returns.

5. Sandman1969 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sandman1969

Well I called apple today. They would have to do a full return of everything to allow an exchange. Due to how the items are tied to the order.

However, they are sending me two trackpads for FREE! How about that for Customer Service! Was pleasantly surprised. :D