Exchanging silver for gold

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mypyh4ooo, Nov 16, 2013.

1. mypyh4ooo macrumors regular

Hi guys as I'm exchanging my silver for a gold one today , does anybody know whether the gold one is prone to the anodizing coming off like on the space gray 5s? Or has anybody noticed any scuffs that show the silver underneath theirs ? Many thanks

2. oVerboost macrumors 6502a

Not noticed any reports about anything "coming off" the space grey. The old slate 5 had an issue, the 5s has silver edging which shouldn't ever come off as that's the materials natural colour.

Gold has a chance of wearing over time, if your worried get a case, or baby it so it's never going to get damaged.

3. *~Kim~* macrumors 6502

Mine has a scratch (caused by a Genius but I couldn't prove it :mad: ) it's still gold and not showing any silver, but it is obvious if you have the phone at a certain angle.

Dreading needing to use AppleCare for repairs. If they can scratch my phone like that when I'm there, I dread to think what they would do if I had to leave it with them.

Definitely use it with a case (as I always have and always will.) Buy a soft case so that you are highly unlikely to scratch it while applying the case or removing the case to clean the phone.

4. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

what's the point exchangin for a gold if u all suggesting OP to use a case, lmao

5. oVerboost macrumors 6502a

Well, there is no point really... Either you exchange for gold and spend 24-7 worrying about your phone or you keep the silver and get a case lol.

6. insimbi macrumors 6502

insimbi

He wants the gold ring baby!!! :cool:

7. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

8. 997.2 macrumors regular

This bothers me. People like you shouldn't be able to take advantage of apple's return policy like that.

9. LabGuy macrumors member

Agreed. "I want a new iPhone NOW!!! Oh, it shows signs of use when I USE IT!? FOR SHAME!!! Oh, you don't have the color I want? FINE!! <stomp stomp> I'll take a different color so I can play with my shiny new toy NOW that someone else could have had because I'm an impatient child!!! I'll just swap the color later and enjoy my inferior color NOW!!!!" There are many problems with this society, this is one of them.

10. mypyh4ooo thread starter macrumors regular

Oh whatever , I'm exchanging mine with another member of the family. Idiot.

----------

Oh wait , you included. Stop assuming that I'm going back to apple.

11. smokescreen220 macrumors regular

smokescreen220

Considering you didn't specify..what are others supposed to think?

12. cwwilson macrumors 65816

cwwilson

Yeah I just did this myself. Went from a 32GB silver 5s to a gold 64. Is it me or is the gold one heavier and more solid feeling?

I don't know but to me it is such a sexy and classy looking phone. The best on the market I'd say.

13. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Don't assume things?

*EDIT* Although the OP could have said "trading" instead of "exchanging" to avoid any confusion.

----------

I didn't notice a difference between my Space Gray and the Gold one that my mom bought recently.

14. 997.2 macrumors regular

there is not such thing as an iPhone shuffle you imbecile

15. PinkyMacGodess macrumors 68040

PinkyMacGodess

But the iPhone has Shuffle Mode. :p