Exchanging unopened 27in display for new display w/ Thunderbolt

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by DrNick, Aug 17, 2011.

1. DrNick macrumors newbie

Hey All,

Probably posted somewhere, but I just received a brand new 27 in apple display in the box from work, but now see that the 27 in displays have thunderbolt ports. My display is sitting in it's box, unopened, as I just received it yesterday. I don't have a receipt for it because it was bought through my grant funding which I do not process. Do you think I would be able to exchange this for a display with thunderbolt support?

2. minik macrumors 65816

I'm not sure about exchanging it since the TB model isn't available on the market yet.

Attached Files:

3. krburrell macrumors regular

I think you'll have to wait a couple of weeks

4. Lennyvalentin macrumors 6502a

Lennyvalentin

I wish I could have someone hand me a free 27" cinema display just like that... lol! :)

Contact the person who is responsible for your grant purchases and explain you need the display refunded and then place an order for a thunderbolt display instead. It will be delivered when units become available in stores.

5. Frosties macrumors 6502a

Frosties

Just a heads up, the thunderbolt display is only compatible with thunderbolt equipped computers so make sure that you indeed have said port before going through with the exchange.