Exchaning iPod Touch, Application question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Tech Star, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Tech Star macrumors member

I am exchanging my iPod Touch for a new one at Costco because mine keeps locking up and I have to use the home button and the on button to restart it. So I am going to exchange it. When I get my new iPod Touch though, will the applications that I bought go to my new one? Or what will happen?

2. pkagel macrumors regular

The apps are tied to your iTunes account so you will just have to sync them onto your new touch.

3. Joetang macrumors member

They won't magically appear over to your new ipod but you can "buy" them again from the app store for free cause you bought it once before. Happened to me when i reformatted my laptop and plugged in my iTouch 2G, deleted all my apps so i had to get them over again. Free of charge though cause like i said, you got them once before.

4. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

...if the apps are still on their computer then they can just sync them, there's no downloading needed...

5. Joetang macrumors member

oh well, yea, that too X_x

6. Tech Star thread starter macrumors member

Alright I exchanged my iPod Touch and did all that, but some applications that I got for free went to paid and I don't want to pay for them (FakeCalls). So if I click buy now for that will I get it for free or do I pay?

7. pkagel macrumors regular

You already own them, they are on your itunes account. This is no different than doing an update on something you already own.