Exchnage or not?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by francoA6, Aug 23, 2009.

  1. francoA6 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2009
    #1
    First off - GREAT site! Thank you all for helping me make the switch from PC to an iMac 24 2.6. I switched because of my HiDef Cam. I had an aweful time importing video to start, never mind editing. When I purchased, I decided on the 2.9 with the Gforce 120. However the clerk sold me the 2.6 w/ standard video... I called them back and he sounded like it wouldn't be a problem to exchange - I would hear back from them today. My question is - I will mainly use this computer for iMovie and Aperture 2 - is it worth the exchange? BTW - video transfer from my HiDef vid camera was seamless!! I love this thing - thanks in advance for all the info and help from this forum!
     
  2. jbrenn macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2008
    #2
    having a dedicated card is always better when working with video. The 9400m is integrated.
     
  3. appleguy123 macrumors 603

    appleguy123

    Joined:
    Apr 1, 2009
    Location:
    15 minutes in the future
    #3
    Im confused. did you pay for the 9400m machine and receive the 9400m or did you pay for 2.93 and get 2.66. you should always get the best you can afford.
     
  4. francoA6 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2009
    #4
    I had decided on the 2.9 but the clerk got confused as we were going back and forth between models and was sold and paid for the 2.6 - the clerk spoke to his management today and came back with bad news. They will not let me exchange (even though it was the clerk's error). I have never used a Mac and was really at the mercy of the clerk's info. Only experience I have had was a few days on this forum. The only option he said is the pay the 20% restocking fee ($300). Not sure I think this is fair. I have the money and would like the 2.9 for the main use of Apeture and iMove 09. Any advice?
     
  5. js81 macrumors 65816

    js81

    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2008
    Location:
    KY
    #5
    Call Apple Customer service/relations/etc. and explain the situation. This is not your fault and you should be able to exchange with NO penalties. :) I think you'd be fine with the 2.66, but the 2.93 will be loads better.
     
  6. clyde2801 macrumors 601

    clyde2801

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2008
    Location:
    In the land of no hills and red dirt.
    #6
    +1
     
  7. francoA6 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2009
    #7
    Ok folks - thanks for the suggestions. I called Customer Service - they were going to call the store and wave the re-stock fee however I bought it at MacAppeal store (so they Apple support could not help). So I called the District store mgr of MacAppeal and they were now willing to split the restock fee and only chage 10% ($150). I guess that's fair (somewhat). What do you guys think? In addition I need a fast external HD for the computer. It will be used to hold video for editing as well as holding all digital pics. Thanks again.
     
  8. highertechnology macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2009
    #8
    Thats a tough one. Its up to you, especially since now you are paying a $150 premium. But, if it will always bother you, then the decision is made.

    I can easily say the MacAppeal is not very appealing to me from now on.
     

Share This Page