Excited =) ..about New MacBookPro !

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jamin., Jan 27, 2008.

1. jamin. macrumors regular

Hello All

This is my first post on the forum. My name is Jamin and I come from the beautiful country of Australia!

I am currently using a 6yr old Dell Desktop with 3GIG left on the hard-drive, it has no DVD Drive or Player and has 512RAM.

About 2 months I go I decided that I would make the switch over to MACS after deciding that now that school is over I would like to go to UNI and do a Graphic Design and Video Editing Degree and MACS are the best in the world for that! Quite strange really as I have bagged MACS all my life until now. Anyway I was going to buy one when one of my mates warned me that a new update was expected at MACWORLD. So I awaited and like the rest of you was very disappointed.

So for the last few weeks I have been browsing this forum and the net for all the news and slight rumors which excite me. However I am very excited because I think either this week or next week, we will see a release.

I hope you can understand why I am so excited because I am using such a crap machine at the moment which sometimes makes me very angry and depressed:(

Its quite scary at the same time coverting to MACS as I know hardly anything about them and I knew just about everything when it came to WINDOWS, so it will be interesting. Might need some help along the way :)

So I pray that soon the update will be announced and we can all get what we want.

Regards

Jamin.

2. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

Welcome to the world of Macs :D

Anytime you need help, you will be welcomed to ask questions here and you'll get a great response.

Personally with regards to the update expected for the MBP, I would wait. The update is imminent and very soon I hope.

3. jamin. thread starter macrumors regular

'imminent' ?

I am going to wait till Mid-Feb for an update..I can't wait any longer then that.

4. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

yeah, imminent - about to happen.

5. jamin. thread starter macrumors regular

Oh yeah..how sure are we that it will be soon?

6. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

Looking at previous dates the update should be close. You will see a lot of threads about the coming Tuesdays about a possible new update.

7. jamin. thread starter macrumors regular

I hope its this Tuesday, that would make my month!..even though it might be announced..we will still have to wait for weeks :(

Jamin