Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mischka07

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 28, 2009
Hi all,

I tried searching for this issue, but I only found problems relating to a black screen with a yellow triangle and exclamation mark inside the triangle. This does not appear to be my issue.

My issue involves a small triangle with an exclamation mark inside it. The graphic is next to the battery icon on the status bar. Does anyone know what this is trying to tell me? I do notice that my battery is discharging quite rapidly, about 1% every 3 minutes. Is this a battery temperature/charge issue?

My 3GS is not in the charger currently.

Thanks in advance!

bigphun73

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2008
Sounds like you have a bad battery. You should take it in to Apple and have they change the phone out for a new one.

Etnies419

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2008
Do you have LockInfo installed? I believe that icon shows that you have an unread push notification.

Mischka07

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 28, 2009
I do have lockinfo installed. What push notification am I looking for, is it supposed to be a popup?

EDIT: Resolved. It was indeed a push notification.

Daikonran

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2010
I have this same notification as of today. But I cannot seem to find the dam thing. Where is this push notification that I am apparently missing.

Thank god for this post, I thought something broke with my phone.

OhioLefty

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2009
I thought Jailbroken phones dont let you recieve Push notifications?
I have recently jailbreaked and mine doesnt anymore

I jailbroke with blackra1n and I've always had push notifications. I have heard of problems if the iphone was jailbroke with pwnage.

keesimps

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2010
push notification

I have blackra1n and get push notifications as well. Thanks for the info, as I realized that I had received a push notification for an item ending in ebay earlier this morning and after going into the ebay app, the explanation point in the triangle went away. So, in my respects, it seemed that nothing physically needed to be turned off. Maybe you can go into whatever apps that push notifications to you and see if it goes away for you as well...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.