Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gizmoetlea

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2015
I have a problem with my internet connection. I've been connected to the same wifi for almost 2 months and never had any problems until a few days ago. I turned my MacBook Air on and there was an exclamation symbol on the wifi symbol. When I go to "system preferences" > "network" it says under wifi that there's no IP address. I've been on lots of forums, tried to restart the laptop etc but nothing seems to be working. Any ideas ??

dangerfish

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
Are you sure the router is working properly?
If so, try going under Advanced and delete that network then try and connect again.

telecomm

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2003
Rome
Go to System Preferences>Network, then (when your Wi-Fi connection is highlighted on the left) select Advanced in the bottom right. In the Wi-Fi list, select the name of your network, then click the minus sign to delete that network. Then you'll be able to exit System Preferences and reconnect to your network as though you're connecting for the first time.

If none of the other Wi-Fi devices on your network are having trouble, this should hopefully do the trick.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.