Exclude Songs From Coverflow

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Quickdood, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Quickdood macrumors regular

Hello,

Is there anyway to exclude a song which has album art from the cover flow view. I want to put several incomplete albums on my ipod touch but I don't want them to show in cover flow mode. I just want my full albums to show in cover flow mode. Is there an option to do this similar to the option to exclude a song from shuffle mode which already exists?

Thanks

2. Quickdood thread starter macrumors regular

If your song has no album art will a blank album appear in converflow or will it not be there at all?

3. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

It will appear blank.

4. Dijo John macrumors member

It will appear as a black square with a musical note in the middle.

5. Quickdood thread starter macrumors regular

Damn that sucks, apple needs to rethink that, If there is no cover art it shouldn't be there at all. I don't want blank album art making my coverflow look fugly, and I feel that we should have a choice if a song is in coverflow or not.

6. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

There should be an option in the settings to exclude albums with no cover art.
    (what's their feedback URL again?) ;)

Also, for albums with multiple artists, does the Touch Coverflow use the 'album artist' so compilations can be presented as a single album, or does it break it up into all the individual artists?

7. Quickdood thread starter macrumors regular

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

I am gonna recommend it, if you guys want it too I am sure the more people who ask the more likely it will be implimented

8. aft macrumors regular

Just had iTunes find your cover art....I did it to mine and there were about 20 albums it couldn't find so I got the pictures from a google image search and added the artwork my self. It took me about 30 minutes and I got all my cover art and got rid of all the pesky multiple entry albums that show up. It was time well spent cover flow looks great on my computer can't wait until I can see it on my iPt:D

9. Quickdood thread starter macrumors regular

The thing is I don't want a whole bunch of covers in my cover flow. Lets say I just have one song off of an entire album, why would I want that one song cluttering up coverflow especially if there are several songs like this. I would like the option to make a song not appear in cover flow to eliminate clutter and allow me to find my complete albums faster.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

10. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

There is a way, in a sense. Put all your incomplete albums under the Album title "Incomplete" (or anything you want, just as long as they are all the same) and they will all be under only one picture on coverflow.

To Aft: iPod Touch coverflow order is dependant on caps, while iTunes is not. Make sure all your songs have exactly the name album name (for example: Art of Balance and Art Of Balance will be two different albums on the iPod, but only one on the iTunes).