excluding header on first page of a word 2008 document

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mark2288, May 10, 2008.

1. mark2288 macrumors regular

I have a word doc that has a title page so I want to exclude the header I have on other pages from that page. I know it was possible on older versions of word but can't seem to find how to do it in office 2008. any advice? thanks!

-mark

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Create a new section on the second page and start the headers at that section?

3. marktribe macrumors newbie

How to Create a Different First Page in Word 2008

View menu -> Formatting Palette
    In the Header and Footer Section of the Palette, select "Different First Page"

4. AppleBaby macrumors newbie

Missing Header/Footer in Formatting Palette

Is it possible that the Home/Student Edition of Mac 2008 is missing the Header/Footer feature in the Formatting Palette? I do not see a section for Headers and Footers in the Formatting Palette even though that box is checked in Toolbox Settings (on the "flip side" of the Formatting Palette). Any help would be much appreciated as I have scoured the Internet and cannot find an answer.

Creating a new section doesn't seem to work for me either. The header in the new section automatically says "same as previous" and doesn't allow me to modify that. Thanks.

5. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Word 2008 is the same in all editions of Office 2008. Can you post a screenshot of your Formatting Palette?

Regards,
    Nadyne.

6. BlazinAsian macrumors newbie

If you are in the header or footer and you go the View menu and click on Formatting palette all the options to manage the header and footer will show up. This includes having a different header on the first page of a section.

I had a problem finding this also from my previous experience in different versions of Word.

7. betsygee macrumors newbie

Thank you for that help! :)

8. dknightd macrumors 6502

Seems like everytime I upgrade word I have to search for features I used to use. Usually I find them. Header different on first page of section is definitely one you'll find. Luckily word's built in help seems to be getting better. Maybe because the user needs more help ???

9. A2iMac macrumors newbie

Thank You

Blazin' Asian ~ Thank you so much ~ your tip helped me fix my header, too!
    :)