Exclusive: Get Advanced Audio Waveform Editor 'SOUND FORGE Pro Mac 3' Bundle for $249

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 13, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Multimedia software maker Magix is offering MacRumors readers an exclusive discount, knocking the price of its advanced audio waveform editor SOUND FORGE Pro Mac 3 bundle down to $249, a savings of over $300 compared to the regular price of $557 for the entire bundle.

SOUND FORGE Pro Mac 3 is an advanced audio editing suite with multi-channel recording and editing, mastering for music and dialogue clips, and support for high-resolution audio recording at 24 bits with sampling rates as high as 192kHz. Users can edit down to the sample level and have access to customizable window layouts and configurable viewing panels to enable a streamlined workflow.

[​IMG]
    Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Magix

Magix notes that SOUND FORGE Pro Mac 3 was optimized and designed for macOS, and can work with both native and third-party plug-ins. Here are a few other features found in the software:
    In addition to the base SOUND FORGE Pro Mac 3 software, the bundle offer also includes iZotope's RX Elements and Ozone Elements tools, normally priced at $129 each. RX Elements offers spectral editing capabilities and four additional audio-enhancing plug-ins, while Ozone Elements includes professionally designed presets and precise macro controls to help guide users into making "a full, rich, and loud final master."

SOUND FORGE Pro Mac 3 supports Mac computers running OS X Mavericks 10.9 and newer, with an Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon-Processor, as well as 2GB RAM and 200MB of hard drive space. Check out Magix's specifications page for more information.

Visit Magix's website to find additional details and purchase SOUND FORGE Pro Mac 3; no coupon or discount code is required to take advantage of the discount. The offer ends on Friday, October 13.

The MacRumors Deals Roundup has all of the latest Apple-related discounts, so check it out if you're looking for even more information on current sales.

Article Link: Exclusive: Get Advanced Audio Waveform Editor 'SOUND FORGE Pro Mac 3' Bundle for $249

2. milo macrumors 604

Did they ever catch it up to the windows version?

3. KernelG macrumors member

KernelG

Anyone using this since Sony sold it to Magix? I'm curious about stability and quality. Magix hasn't exactly been known for Mac development, or even for high-end pro apps until now.

4. petsounds macrumors 65816

I used Sound Forge a lot back in the day on Windows, but I don't remember it ever being that expensive.

5. JosephAW macrumors 65816

JosephAW

I'm sure it's useful and powerful but the amount of audio editing I do Audacity works fine and even amazes me of all the features and capabilities it has.

6. bsbeamer macrumors 6502

SoundForge used to be my go-to when I was on Windows doing audio work. Haven't used it in 10+ years after Sony took over. Went to Cool Edit Pro (now Audition) and messed with ProTools LE for awhile. For that price, at least give yourself a look at Audacity or ProTools First (free version).

7. M.PaulCezanne macrumors 6502

M.PaulCezanne

Loved this in the old days. Nice work MR!

8. radio893fm macrumors regular

Is this license still for 1 computer? That has been one of my biggest issue to move forward with the purchase, since I now have a 2 computer work-flow for mostly everything.

9. Michael Scrip macrumors 601

Sound Forge... there's a name I haven't heard in a while... :p

10. clintage3 macrumors newbie

Wow. Sound Forge. I used it back when it and Vegas was from Sonic Foundry. Then used Vegas after it got sold to Sony. Had no idea Sony sold it to Magix. I became a Wavelab fan somewhere along the way. Now I don't use either and just use Presonus Studio One Pro. Glad to know it's still around!

11. Michael Scrip macrumors 601