Exclusive iPhone Australia Plans (Optus)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacManAustralia, Jun 12, 2008.

1. MacManAustralia macrumors newbie

I have a contact who is 100% reliable, so this is definitely true, and time will prove that who has told me that the iPhone will be released on a 'special' new plan in Australia where users will get unlimited voice calls, sms calls, AND data for a certain monthly fee with their iPhone. He said this will be the high end Optus plan. When I asked how much per month he didn't say but indicated it would be below $100 dollars.

If this is true, that would be UNBELIEVABLE! Apparently they will lock you into a VERY long plan for this though, but I don't care!

2. nlivo macrumors 6502a

I'll choose to believe that. Except I find the unlimited texts and calls hard to believe, but the unlimited data I can believe.

3. iWizzard macrumors regular

Even if everything is unlimited $100 is alot of money.

4. iCantwait macrumors 65816

iCantwait

i think it would be the other way, limited data

5. tcmacintosh macrumors regular

unlimited sounds worth 100 bucks a month. you wouldnt need a home phone line any more.

6. nlivo macrumors 6502a

Hmmm, I thought about that. The I keep thinking how much the iPhone relies on the internet and I keep thinking that one of the networks will take a risk and allow unlimited data, because if they did that, everyone would go to them. Very competitive and then eventually all the networks will do this.

7. MacManAustralia thread starter macrumors newbie

answer

i am 100% sure it is phone calls and texts. they are filming the Ad for it this weekend. I think the unlimited data will cost extra.