.exe problem ?????????????

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by huyurel, May 30, 2014.

1. huyurel macrumors newbie

why does the .exe files show as a piece of paper. i cant even launch it Screen shot 2014-05-30 at 11.04.35 AM.png

2. bennibeef macrumors 6502

Well its a windows executable file, which does not work on OSX. You are not on a microsoft platform.

If you want to use Cubase for OSX, just get the OSX installer from Steinberg or your CD.

3. huyurel thread starter macrumors newbie

woow, i feel stupid, see, i got a macbook white, and i heard that cubase 7 isnt cmpatible with my os x version. so im trying to find an older version of cubase, but steinberg deleted them off their site

4. OKERO macrumors newbie

What version are you running?

5. BrettApple, May 30, 2014
    Last edited: May 30, 2014

BrettApple macrumors 65816

BrettApple

It looks like Cubase 6 will run on the MacBook you have. It works with Snow Leopard. You could probably find a copy somewhere like Amazon. Or contact Steinberg and see what they can do for you.

I'm assuming you have a 2006-2008 White MacBook, so I would definitely stay on Snow Leopard on that machine, but if you happen to have a 2009 model with the Nvidia GPU, than you could upgrade to Mavericks and run the newest version. I'm running 10.6 on my Black MacBook with 6GB RAM and it's perfect. I actually still prefer it to Mavericks on my MacBook Pro.

But your best bet if Steinberg can't help you would be a third party retailer with the older version.

Alternatively, you could use something like Apple's own Logic, or Reaper. Logic Pro 9 would be compatible.