Resolved .exe to .dmg converter

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by TheSkywalker77, Sep 9, 2017.

1. TheSkywalker77 macrumors member

TheSkywalker77

Hi all, so I don't know if this is the correct section for this thread. But I have Redragon mouse with a driver that's only in .exe, is there a program to convert .exe files to .dmg files? It'd be nice to use the driver on my personal computer instead of having to use a different Windows computer for it. If there is please link me to a video or the actual program of it.

Thanks!

2. chrfr macrumors 603

You're asking about two different things. A .exe file is a Windows application, or program, and a .dmg is a Mac disk image.
    It seems that you're really looking for is a Mac driver for your mouse, and for that, there's no way to convert a Windows driver to work on a Mac. Your mouse may not actually need a driver on a Mac; have you tested it?

3. TheSkywalker77 thread starter macrumors member

TheSkywalker77

I can use the mouse just fine on the Mac. I'd just like the driver to remap the buttons on it (it's a gaming mouse). So it's not essential to convert it. It'd just be nice if I could.

4. chrfr macrumors 603

Like I said, you won't be able to convert the Windows driver to work on the Mac but something like USB Overdrive might work for you:
    http://usboverdrive.com/

5. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

In addition to BetterTouchTool that oldhifi suggested, you could look at USB OverDrive, and SteerMouse for remapping your mouse buttons.

6. TheSkywalker77 thread starter macrumors member

TheSkywalker77

Ah okay. Thanks!
    Alrighty, I'll try that.