Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ATG

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 7, 2005
I just changed the name of my executable (Cocoa, Xcode 2.x) and was horror struck when the finder said: "This application is damaged or corrupted" (or something along those lines) when I tried to open it.

What the **** just happened and how do I fix this?!?!?

EDIT: Just fixed it. Looks like Xcode forgot to actually rename the executable :rolleyes:. I mean, what's the point of having a field for executable name if it doesn't rename the file when you change it? :mad:

Sayer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2002
Austin, TX
You have to build a fresh copy of the App when you make changes like that. Just typing in stuff doesn't actually change anything on disk in the actual application, until you build a fresh copy.

At least this isn't Project Builder times, when it would simply refuse to build a fresh binary even though obvious changes requiring a recompile to object files were made.

ATG

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 7, 2005
Sorry for the late reply.

I did do a fresh build - twice. I even deleted everything in the build folder to make sure it wasn't caching anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.