Exercise App To Music App

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Erieg1, May 5, 2015.

1. Erieg1 macrumors newbie

I have been fiddling around trying to figure this out and I am coming up empty handed.

While in the exercise app how to you get to the music app so you can skip songs and change the volume? All I can find at the moment is to leave the exercise app go to music and then change back to the exercise app. There has to another way I am missing because that much involvement is really hard while you are running.

Watch has been great so far by the way. Lots of fun.

2. Alith macrumors 6502

Start the music app, start your music, switch to Activity app and start your exercise.

Then you can double tap the crown (launch previous app) to switch back and forth between the two apps quickly.

3. jorsuss macrumors member

I use spotify at the gym so I have to click the crown to get back to the time so I can open up the "now playing" glance. Kind of annoying.

4. DannyBres macrumors 65816

DannyBres

Double tap is the way to go!

I launch Overcast, pick my podcast, launch excercise and go running.

5. Erieg1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! that is what I needed. I have to practice a bit because some attempts to double tap are taking me to the home screen but that is a problem with me.

You made my day!

6. Sphyrna macrumors regular

I wish there was an easier way, like playback controls built in to the activity app or glances worked all the time, not just from the watch face. Don't forget Siri. Sometimes my double-click the digital crown button doesn't work and I end up going back to the watch face. I'll use Siri to launch the music app from the workout app.

7. Erieg1 thread starter macrumors newbie

After playing with this for a bit it appears very 3rd time I try to switch it takes me back to the home screen and I have to start again. This will be sorta hard while running. But its what I got which is better than what I thought I had :)

I just submitted a product enhancement request to have the music app as a swipe-able screen within the exercise app. I figured why not, someone might read it.

8. sdallnct2 macrumors regular

I'd like the ability to customize the crown and "friends" button for a given app. I know that is a reach, but perhaps sometime in the future.

Then the crown could be volume up or down and the friends key "advance to next song".

Some sport watches allow you to customize buttons. But then they are mono-taskers, so might not work on a Smartwatch.

9. conifer macrumors member

Does the watch have a scrubber to go forward or backward in the song?

Is there a delay in accessing music from the phone--is it better to put it on the watch?

Is there any third party storage provider(box, dropbox etc, onedrive etc) that i could access from the watch and stream my own recordings from and if so is there a lag?

Or is spotify the only way to go?

How is the bluetooth headset working on this --which one do you have and does it interfere with the watch and the phone connecting?

10. The Tuck macrumors 6502

The Tuck

It is certainly rather annoying that you can't access the "Now Playing" Glance from the Workouts app.

Tuck