Exercise data

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by scully, Apr 30, 2015.

1. scully macrumors member

The activity app is great but once I have seen the data from completed exercise on my watch where does it go?

I want to see the data from a run yesterday, where is it? Cant find it in the activity app on the phone or the watch.

2. PeterHsieh macrumors member

I believe it's all recorded in the Health app :) – Metrics and all!

3. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Activity App on your iPhone and also all data is 'dumped' into the Health App.

[​IMG]

4. scully thread starter macrumors member

When you finish a run on the watch you get a really decent summary and once you save that data you cant seem to find it anywhere else in that form.

Thats a bit weird.

5. tivoboy macrumors 68030

yes

yes, the only way I have found to see the actual data points for the last activity, is in the SAME activity and scroll across. those are the last results.

but, it would be really nice to have the combined detail somewhere on the WATCH and not have to go to the activity app on the PHONE to see that.

also, as noted in several threads, some types or lengths or effort levels of workouts are not counting towards activity at all? Not sure why yet

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1875468

6. scully thread starter macrumors member

If I want to see the metrics from my run yesterday on my phone, i.e. time, distance, av heart rate, pace, time and weather conditions

i.e the metrics that the watch shows you when you end the run before you hit "save" where is that info.

Its bonkers that you cant see a list of your runs because the watch has collected all of that data together. You hit save, and then it disappears.

7. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

It doesn't disappear. The data transfers to the activity app on the iPhone.

8. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

How did you miss the screen shot I posted? :eek: Let's try again with todays run.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. tivoboy macrumors 68030

it does

so, if you tracked a run or any specific activity, it will track and pass the exact detail to the activity activity app on the phone, just scroll down to EXERCISE on the activity app and all the traced and timed activities are there. Click on one and you'll see all the rich detail.

Additionally, if you have it enabled, you could go to the HEALTH app and all the summary detail is there as well as the gross meta data (meaning every HR sensor reading, every pace reading, etc.) it's too much detail. you're probably best with just the EXERCISE detail in the activity app on the phone,

edit: or just look up one post from here and you can see an example that Julien posted. It's also in my original post on this thread below

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1875468

10. No-Me macrumors 6502a

Does anyone know what happens when you use both your iPhone and your Watch? With me it looks like I get twice as much steps as I've really got. When I go to health.app > steps > show all data I see entries at the same time from both devices, I expected that Apple would "undouble" data automatically. My Phone is in my pocket most of the time.