Exercise more strict since 1.0.1 update

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Moorevfr, May 21, 2015.

1. Moorevfr macrumors newbie

Is it just me or has the Exercise in the Activity app become more strict now.
    Before update I was gaining minutes easily without actually doing anything that I would class as exercise but just thought maybe i was walking a little quick or doing some more than standard level of work.

Since the update I am not gaining the minutes as easily as prior looks like they have made it more strict to what counts as exercise now maybe a higher heart rate now.

I don't mind if it stricter as then it more realistic and not just giving me minutes for free which then motivates me more to move :)

Also I noticed that the watch seems to no longer be taking hearts rate every 20mins I checked just now and it said its been 2 hours since last update notice this yesterday also.
    Not sure if this could be tighter to the reasons why not gaining excise minutes?

----------

Sorry just came across a thread thats already mentioning the same issue as me can delete if needed.

2. tomaustin44 macrumors regular

I'm experiencing the same. I suspect the bug in the autoHR is causing less exercise to be logged. Really annoying!! Hopefully there will be a fix update soon assuming Apple are aware of the problem. Surprised the usual Apple blogs haven't picked it up yet.

3. dylman macrumors regular

dylman

I've found exactly the same thing regarding exercise. Looking at the heart rate data in the Health app it does seem to be logging a lot less frequently since the update, so that seems plausible to me.

4. n8c macrumors member

I think this is a correction rather than a bug. I felt that I was getting exercise minutes far too easily before. I feel like now it's more in line with my actual activity and I'm not getting minutes I don't deserve.

5. BD1 macrumors 6502

Could be, but there is a definite hug with HR recording:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1884222&page=3

6. susan12369 macrumors 6502

I think that the exercise is more accurate now in terms of now counting a minute here and there for just doing regular stuff.

But it does seem to be a bug for the HR to not be regularly taking measurements. Prior to the update, mine were every 10 minutes while wearing it, and constantly while doing exercise. Now it varies, sometimes 10 minutes, sometimes 40 minutes, sometimes more.

7. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I just walked around all morning, and I logged 0 minutes of exercise. I also noticed that the watch hadn't read any heartbeats all morning. I then turned on the heartbeat glance before going up some stairs, and lo and behold, that got counted as exercise! I'm calling this a bug.