Exercise/Move not as responsive

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Metsfan7450, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Metsfan7450 macrumors regular

Metsfan7450

It seems as though I'm not getting credit for my exercise/move as much as I used to. I run 30 minutes every day and have the same move habits. I used to hit my 610 move goal pretty easily, but haven't been able to hit it over the last 5 days. I used to get exercise time for taking the stairs and walking a little faster than normal, but now it sits on 0 minutes until I start running and then it doesn't even record a full 30 minutes when I run (usually 27-28 min). Has something changed? Anyone else experiencing this?

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

From what I understand exercise does not add until your HR goes up. The sensor has some to be desired so it may not be that accurate.

3. Metsfan7450 thread starter macrumors regular

Metsfan7450

Thanks so much for your quick response. It prompted me to google "apple watch heart rate monitor" and I found this:
    http://www.theverge.com/2015/5/21/8640803/apple-watch-heart-rate-monitor-less-reliable-after-update

I checked my Health app and realized there are 1-2 hr gaps when my heart rate isn't being checked as a result of this bug. It's supposed to be checking my heart rate every 10 minutes. I guess we'll be getting another update to fix this soon.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

I am hoping we will not have to wait till fall for the new Watch OS2. A few updates before that would be nice.

5. ivandr macrumors regular

This right here is the exact reason I've been steadfastly refusing to update beyond watchOS 1.0... I really like the passive heart rate monitoring in the background and I won't upgrade my software until they bring that feature back!