Exercise ring barely moves

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by SteelBlueTJ, Mar 13, 2019.

1. SteelBlueTJ macrumors 6502

My series 4 has done this since new and it’s been really annoying. I am on my feet all day on the go and my exercise ring barely ever moves. Is this normal? It will move if I do a workout through the workout app. Does anybody else experience this? My old series 3 was always pretty well even with the move ring.

Attached Files:

2. jaybar macrumors 6502a

jaybar

From what I understand and this is my first Apple Watch (Series4), if you move around during the day, it has to be equivalent to what the watch considers a brisk walk. I walk with a cane and none too quickly at that and my daytime movements do not register as exercise.

I even have a problem with my using the stationary bike at home. Because my resistance is not high, the watch dies not sense my use if the bike, as equivalent to a brisk walk and therefore the stationary bike workout option also does not register. I have to select the “other workout” option, which tracks by duration and does not require equivalency to a brisk walk.

3. futurist101 macrumors member

futurist101

I had a similar issue and I recalibrated my watch. From time to time, I still get less credit than I think I should for non-workout activity but it did seem to improve the calculation. I would try that to see if it has any effect:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204516