Exfat shared partition crashed->corrupt

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by zakg6, Jan 1, 2012.

1. zakg6 macrumors newbie

Hey I had a partition in Exfat to share my music between my windows partition and my mac side. I was using itunes to play the music on the exfat on the mac side and then suddenly my computer gave me the 'you need to restart your computer' message.

I restarted and now my exfat partition doesnt show up on my finder, on disk utility it is there but it is in grey writing and it cant be modified. When i do repair disk on it, disk utility says everything is ok!?

I can just delete this partition and re-make it and get my music off my iphone, but will this happen often? The partition only lasted like 12 hours...

Also I can't try it from the windows side as I recently deleted windows to re-install the 64 bit version since win7 32 bit only supports like 2GB of ram..

2. zakg6 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. bobnugget macrumors regular

Yeah lion kept doing this to me and in the end I've given up on having a shared partition. I also got a few crashes on wake from sleep. I found the mac would also randomly unmount the disk. In Disk Utility, try right clicking on it and there should be an option to "Mount Disk". If there is, click this and it will remount your disk. Otherwise I don't know