EXIF Editor?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by colorspace, Aug 2, 2007.

1. colorspace macrumors 6502

I've just finished scanning all of my old negs, slides and (a few) prints -- over 10,000 images in all. These were shot over a span of a 100 years (some were OLD family photos). Before importing these into a management application (iphoto or aperture) I'd like to change the EXIF data in these JPGs to reflect the date shot and NOT the date scanned as they so now. Does anyone have a recommendation for a piece of software to do this - the capability to batch mod files would, of course be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Black Belt macrumors 6502a

Black Belt

I love Adobe Lightroom. It is my principle photo workflow program, with really professional features. You can edit EXIF and all photodata as well as perform NON-DESTRUCTIVE manipulations to your photos as well as tag, catalog and maintain a library. And it is fast. Photoshop is now reserved for serious correction.

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

4. Black Belt macrumors 6502a

Black Belt

5. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Which is, at least, what the OP had asked for. :p

B

6. colorspace thread starter macrumors 6502

Lightroom

I did not know that LR had a feature to allow you to change the creation date in the EXIF tag. Have you actually used it?

I wish aperture had a similar feature. For now though I was really looking for a free or very cheap utility to do this with.

Thanks