Exif/Metadata editor with a right click

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iMacLeaner, Jan 11, 2015.

1. iMacLeaner macrumors newbie

Hi there, I'm a photographer and often need to change metadata/Exif Data on the fly without the clunky option of opening in Photoshop/Lightroom/Bridge (an example being to add my copyright or remove it depending on if I want my name attributed to my own photography). When I was a PC user, I could right click/properties and see as well as edit the metadata there. I would love an app that could help me achieve this on my iMac.

I'd also like to be able to change tags/metadata etc on .mp3s but that's a slightly different story - not a professional requirement but still annoying that you can't do it by right clicking on a file.

2. Toltepeceno Suspended

Toltepeceno

I have analogexif for images and I picked up id3 editor for audio metadata when it was free. Kid3 is a good free one.

3. robgendreau macrumors 68030

You could try this: http://www.jhprojekt.de/Gallery-En/1,000001022258,8,1

It's exifinder if the link doesn't work; sold in Mac App Store but he has a demo there. It puts a contextual menu into applications so you can see exif info, and then a key combo brings up the application itself to edit the metadata. Or export it.

Wish there were more tools to do this in the Mac OS without having to use an application.