Existing AT&T Customer Contracts.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by marksandvig, Jul 8, 2008.

1. marksandvig macrumors regular

Hey all, I know this has been floated around a lot.. But was wondering if anyone had contacted AT&T about it.. I know a lot of us already have existing 2 year contracts that aren't expired.. Are we gonna be able to get the sub'd price? I know that some people say no, but whenever I had a phone that broke or just wanted a new one; I would just go into AT&T and sign a new 2 year contract.. I dont believe ive ever waited the full 2 years.. Any news on this would be cool.. I dunno if I can justify 200 extra bones.. or maybe.. :D

2. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

Goto AT&Ts website and see if you are upgrade elgible.

3. tritonj macrumors 6502a

i really don't want to be rude, but just search dude, topic is covered like 100x over already the last few weeks

4. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

If you currently don't have an iPhone plan with AT&T, you won't be able to get the subd price unless, your contract is up, or relatively close to being up in which case AT&T *might* make an exception...

I contacted them about a 2nd line on our Family Plan that is 13months into the contract and AT&T wouldn't budge at all as far as upgrading early.. we've been looonnnnng time AT&T subscribers and have had 1 late payment..

5. YoungKevin macrumors member

I was wondering something. My girlfriend is with AT&T and would have to pay $399 to upgrade to the iPhone. I was wondering when I get the iPhone Friday and give her my 1st Gen iPhone would she be able to get the 3G iPhone for $199 since she would be considered a 1st gen iPhone user?

6. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

I don't believe that will work, AT&T has said that people who purchased an iPhone BEFORE July 11th would be eligible..

They have to have a cut off date because then everyone would be doing what you just said..