existing AT&T customer - lose rollover with iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by seenett, Apr 14, 2008.

1. seenett macrumors regular

I am an existing AT&T user contemplating an iphone in June. I currently have a FAN corporate billing discount - which I know I will lose with an iphone plan.

Anyone know if I will lose my existing rollover minutes (I have about 3,000)? Seems like either moving off the FAN account or moving to a "new" iphone account could possibly bump off my history.

2. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

I have a family plan and did not lose my rollover. I only lost my discount on the iPhone line, but still get a discount for the other 3.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Didn't loose rollover on my family plan either, and we have two iPhones on it.

4. Spiffyis5150 macrumors member

Same here. Just make sure if the line that you are keeping is the "primary" that you switch another line to be primary that way you keep your corp discount for your main plan and only lose it on the secondary line for the iPhone.

5. macbookpronoob macrumors member

i didnt lose rollover or my FAN account. and the iphone is my primary phone.

6. Roger Carter macrumors newbie

7. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

Way to get hit with the banhammer after only 2 posts Roger!

No problem with rollovers. As stated before, make sure you just the primary account number when switching to the iPhone plan. My wife and I received all our rollovers.

8. Sonoran macrumors member

I have the same type of question but with a different twist.

My son has AT&T with a Moto Razr phone. I think he has a bunch of rollover minutes right now. In the fall when my Sprint contract is up I want to get an iPhone for myself & a simple phone for my wife.

Should I have my son go to AT&T & sign up for a family plan & add me & my wife to it? Would that save his rollovers AND save me $$ on setup fees?

9. gandalf18 macrumors member

It could save some money, but probably not enough to be worth it. I'd recommend you and your wife start your own account on AT&T. With a new account your wife could get a free phone. Then you're both on one account and your son is on another, so there are no headaches with overages you don't expect. And you can talk to each other for free since you're all on AT&T. Just my 2 cents.

10. matperk macrumors 6502

The way the providers handle adding lines is that each line is its own contract, so she should get the free phone whether they join a current plan or create a new one, as the line is creating a new contract.

When I got mine, we had a previous Razr on the account as an individual plan. We called the AT&T iPhone activation line and they migrated the account (keeping rollover minutes) to a family plan of our choice. Then we just activated the iPhone on top of that. After that, you should be able to go into the store and add your wife's and get her a free/discounted phone because her line is signing a new contract.