Existing ATT customer - purchasing at an Apple store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jsfrede, Jul 14, 2008.

1. jsfrede macrumors newbie

I'm an existing ATT wireless customer, looking to ditch a Blackberry for an iPhone. Is it possible to purchase an iPhone at an Apple store, and retain my existing cell number when I do the switchover, or do I have to do all this at an ATT store?

Thanks in advance!

2. Wailord macrumors 6502

Nope, you're good to go at an Apple Store. Good luck!

3. mkoesel macrumors regular

Please make sure that you do not have a discount of any sort on your current AT&T account. If you do you will be on the phone with AT&T customer service for a while and may have a rough road at the Apple Store.

4. thor79 macrumors 6502

thor79

Yeah no discounts whatsoever. I know it doesn't take long to remove them because when I was at Oakbrook yesterday people were calling AT&T to have them removed while in line.

Know whether you are eligible for an upgrade or not...especially if you are not. It just smooths things out if you know this. Well at least it does if you are not eligible. Don't know what they do if you say you are eligible...could cause some problems. I don't know if they can check that status or not.

5. newyorksole macrumors 68020

Wait so I'm going to have problems going to the Apple Store to upgrade to the iPhone 3G because I'm upgrade eligible? I already have the 2G iPhone so I qualify for $299, but you're saying I'm going to face problems?