Existing Customers Keep the $20 Data Plan For New 3G iPhone!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tmbrwlf, Jun 16, 2008.

1. tmbrwlf macrumors newbie

tmbrwlf

I watched Morgan Webb's WebbAlert podcast (http://webbalert.com/2008/06/june-11th.html) from June 11th and she said that existing iPhone customers will continue to pay the $20 a month rate for the new 3G iPhone data plan. I did some more research and found a discussion on the Apple forums in which a couple of people got the same information from AT&T. I have scoured the web and have found no reference to this in any of Apple's nor At&T's press releases. I will try to contact AT&T today and see what they say, but it seems like it depends on the rep you talk to. Anyone have any other information on this??

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Good heads up on the data plan info! Thanks. :p

3. EricMD21 macrumors newbie

G4's always 2-3 days behind in the the news. We've known about this since WWDC or shortly after. :)

4. tmbrwlf thread starter macrumors newbie

tmbrwlf

Do WE have a solid source for this like an Apple or AT&T memo or website. I just want some solid proof.... Thanks!!

5. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

everything i've read online states otherwise. until apple or at&t releases something more official, i wouldn't accept any of these reports to be factual.

6. LoganT macrumors 68020

I thought it was existing users keep the $20 data plan for the existing iPhone (the first version). And anyone who buys a first generation iPhone will get to use the $20 data plan. I'm pretty sure that if you upgrade to the iPhone 3G you will need to use the new $30 data plan.

7. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

This would make sense.

8. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

That's exactly what every other source has said so far, including the leaked AT&T internal memo. I think Webb got it wrong. It wouldn't make any sense for AT&T to do that...they are subsidizing the phone, they want you to pay the higher (normal) data plan, not the one Apple forced them into just for the 1st gen.