Existing websites made with Frontpage?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Marilynfan, May 5, 2008.

1. Marilynfan macrumors member

Marilynfan

OK. So I have been using Frontpage for many years and have been very happy with the results. I never bothered with extensions and I also uploaded with a separate FTP app. Here are examples of my sites made with frontpage:

www.mymarilyn.ca
    www.imarilyn.com
    www.tvctc.com

I can not afford to use Dreamweaver so that is not an option. How can I move these sites from my PC and edit them here on my macbook pro. When I am making a new site what I liked the most about frontpage was the ease to make tables to lay out my site. I also like the way I could switch back and forth from HTML so I could easily add pieces of code BUT I am not interested in coding the entire thing by hand. What is a comparable program that is not going to take me weeks to learn?

2. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

I'll throw RapidWeaver out there. It's easy to learn and it has an easy way to switch to html view. Not sure if it will load other sites, though. But even if it doesn't, it's just a matter of a copy/paste of the code from the old page to a new one in RapidWeaver.

There are other goods ones out there, too, but RW is the only one I know on that level.

3. Marilynfan thread starter macrumors member

Marilynfan

I've got rapidweaver (just the demo version) and I've used it when I needed a quick template but I'm used to having more control. I tried to use the "HTML CODE" option on rapidweaver but when I have copy and pasted the direct code it still previews with a template look. Any idea how to turn that off?

4. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

Not quickly. You'd need to create a new RW template and probably just use blank files for the template. In theory, that would allow for your code to render properly. The even longer solution would be to turn your site design into a RW template.