Exolife vs. Incipio offgrid battery case for iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Justcallmedylan, May 11, 2011.

1. Justcallmedylan macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

I was wondering if anyone could give me so tips on these cases. I am planning to buy one but do not know which to get. I hear many good things from the exolife but incipio's new battery case looks slim, nice design, and 1450 mAh battery. Yet I am still not sure still. Thank you!

2. yidan82 macrumors newbie

I just got my offgrid in the mail today. I'm at work right now, but when I get home I'll open it up and give you my first impressions. I have both cases so I'll compare them for you with pictures tomorrow.

3. Justcallmedylan thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Thank you very much this will be very helpful.

4. yidan82 macrumors newbie

Ok, I'm home now. I just opened the package and put the offgrid on my phone. First impression is WOW! It feels great! I have the exogear and the mophie juice pack plus and I have to say this case feels better than both of them. It feels like nothing is there. Gonna test out the charging capability tomorrow, but my first impression is this case is going to end up being my daily case period!

5. yidan82 macrumors newbie

pictures.....

Attached Files:

6. studmule macrumors regular

Can you comment on how grippy it is, compared to the juice pack plus, and also, is it flush with the screen, or is it raised up? I have the juice pack plus, but I would love something a little less ginormous.

7. Justcallmedylan thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the pictures but also I was wondering if usin the power button, vibrate button, and the volume buttons were easy to use having the case on.

8. yidan82 macrumors newbie

The case is a glossy plastic. It reminds me of the exogear case, and it does feel as if it might slip out of my hands at times. I would say I like the juice pack plus feels better, but that case feels solidly constructed. My phone screen is sitting flush with the side of case. I also I am having a hard time getting my head phones to plug in all the way. It seems like the hole cut in the plastic is too small. I use the beats by dre solo's and the klipsch s4. I e-mailed the company this morning about this problem and they have yet to respond. I'll let you guys know what their response is.

9. yidan82 macrumors newbie

I have no problems using the buttons while the case is on. Only a couple gripes about it but I'm hoping that they will be adressed by the company.

10. Justcallmedylan, May 13, 2011
    Last edited: May 15, 2011

Justcallmedylan thread starter macrumors newbie

11. Justcallmedylan thread starter macrumors newbie

So far what are your thoughts on the offGRID compared to the exolife? I just need a reliable battery case with good features as a regular case.

12. yidan82 macrumors newbie

Sorry it took me so long to respond. Been traveling a lot lately. I've been using the incipio as my everyday case and I love it. It definitely feels better than the exogear. They are both good cases, but I am planning on selling my exogear case on craigslist and keeping with the mophie and incipio cases.