Expanding batteries

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by alanderp, Oct 7, 2016.

1. alanderp macrumors member

alanderp

Saw a post a few days ago about this, my coworker came into work and showed me his phone black 7+, making him the 3rd person I know with this problem.

Recall?
    Luckily mine is still normal. Hopefully this doesn't happen to me on my trip tomorrow.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Yep, I've seen one or two of these. Obviously Apple will replace, so give them a ring.

Doubtful a recall from what I've seen; it's very isolated and this sort of thing does happen with Li-Ion. That said, the phone hasn't been released for that long, so only time will tell.

But there's one thing we can agree on... at least they're not exploding! :D

3. alanderp thread starter macrumors member

alanderp

That's true, but I don't recall the 6S+ having this issue a month after release :eek:

4. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Jolly good point, I can't recall any from previous gens either. Let's hope we won't be seeing many more of these.

5. FoxMike macrumors member

Very common with Li-Po. Remember Apple uses lithium polymer. Not lithium ion.

6. Gypsy36 macrumors regular

I had two 5Ss do that in less than two years. Thanks to Apple Care I ended up with three of them free. It was super easy to have them replaced.

One of them did it as I was yelling at someone on the phone. I'm still trying to live that down at work.

7. alanderp thread starter macrumors member

alanderp

Even if that was the case, I can't remember the last time I've seen multiple incidents of these within the first month a new iPhone was released, let alone one in person.

wow 2 within 2 years, that's really unfortunate.