Expanding Battery (UK)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by dangermoose88, Oct 22, 2012.

1. dangermoose88 macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,

I have a 4 year old unibody MacBook and have noticed the battery has started to expand.

I've removed the battery and I'm running on just the power cable, and I understand I should get a new battery to replace the old one.

My question is - does anyone think I'd be able to get one for free replacement if I took the old battery into an Apple store and waved in front of a genius? Have read around online and people have posted about similar experiences, even when the MacBook was as far out of warranty as mine.

Just wondering if anyone has tried it recently (in the UK) and had any luck? Any stores in particular that might be more likely? London? Would rather try this than shell out £100 for a new one, or a knock-off one on amazon.

Cheers! :)

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

No, you won't get a freebie, but I'd recommend a genuine Apple replacement. Many people have had major issues with the cheaper variety.

3. CASLondon macrumors 6502a

You won't get a break from the Genius bar, but talk to these guys (http://thebookyard.com/mac_batteries.php?manufacturers_id=6&sort=2a&filter_id=142 about replacements, either new or used if you're feeling cheap, plus they sell the OWC battery conditioners etc.

I took a guess on your model, but you can put in the correct parameters or call them.