Expanding on multi-touch trackpad gestures

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LucidPsychosis, May 23, 2010.

1. LucidPsychosis macrumors regular

So, I'm on my first Mac, a 15" 2010 MBP (2.4 Ghz), and I'm absolutely loving the multi-touch trackpad. It makes browsing things so much easier and even more pleasurable.

One thing that I just this second thought of is how to expand the gesture use more.

I'm in Mozilla now, and I moused up to the refresh button, and thought "Hey, what if I could refresh the page by just making a swirling gesture on the trackpad? That'd be pretty damn cool." This could also apply to the "stop" button by making an X gesture.

I know that's kind of silly, but I thought it'd be pretty cool and worth sharing. Thoughts?

2. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

sounds pretty good to me. i don't see why apple wouldn't apply such features to future track pads!

3. johannnn macrumors 65816

johannnn

Download BetterTouchTool [http://blog.boastr.net/]
    Then add a trackpad gesture (e.g. rotate right or left) and set it to the keyboard command ⌘R

(What I love even more is so disable four-fingler gestures left/right from the System Preferences, and then add four-finger left to go to the tab to the left, and four-finger right to go to the tab to the right. Makes tabbing surfing so much easier)

4. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

nice, i always wished their was a gesture to surf through tabs!

5. Dozerrox macrumors 6502

Another good one for surfing with bettertouchtool is to assign three finger click to the middle mouse button. Then you can open links in tabs with a tap.

6. georgeadbb macrumors newbie

Oh my god this tool is exactly what i have been wishing for.
    thanks for bringing up this thread:):):)