Expected battery drain on sleep for rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by appleminion, Mar 27, 2015.

1. appleminion, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2015

appleminion macrumors member

I'm noticing battery drain on sleep for my early 2015 13" rMBP - I've unplugged all USB devices from the laptop before putting it to sleep and also unchecked the box for Power Nap in Energy Saver. Here are some of my measurements:

100 --> 96 in ~6 hours (0.67% decrease per hour)
    54 --> 49 in ~7 hours (0.71% decrease per hour)

Is this normal compared to what you've experienced (please post your average decrease per hr)? Also, I did not quit out of Safari before putting it to sleep - could Safari be draining the battery even when it's sleeping? How do I further decrease the power used when sleeping without shutting down- do I need to put it in deep sleep?

2. smarks90 macrumors regular

I recently purchased the new '15 rMBP and have been noticing a similar phenomenon. I havne't had time to investigate yet or even pay closer attention to the rate of discharge during sleep.

I know I have the settings configured so that it doesn't do the iCloud updates during sleep-forget what that feature is called. All peripherals are disconnected while it's sleeping as well.

Would be ineterested to know if others are having this same issue.

3. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Yep 4-5% overnight is about what I get. Turn it off and it'll be better not perfect but much better about 3% every 24 hours

4. snaky69 macrumors 603

Your numbers are perfectly normal, even a bit on the low side of things. One should expect about 1% per hour. Less than that with a MBA.