Expedited Developer Watch Thread

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by v2oxviesta, Apr 28, 2015.

1. v2oxviesta macrumors member

Has anyone taken advantage of the expedited developer Apple Watch offer (42mm Blue SB)? I ordered mine exactly to their specifications and my order has not been shipped yet ("Guaranteed" by 4/28). I suspect that they will process my order later today but I wanted to know if other devs are in the same position. They said I could order my dev watch up to 5:00PM yesterday, however I ordered mine the second I got the confirmation email. I'm not stressing, my 42mm Space Gray comes Thursday, just curious.

2. Drew888 macrumors 6502a

Drew888

How did you get that offer? I'm a developer and haven't seen that.

3. melman101 macrumors 68030

It was sent to select developers. Not everyone got it. I didn't.

4. jakeruston macrumors regular

I took advantage of this. It shipped pretty late in the day today (7pm UK time), expected delivery tomorrow.

5. a.y.n macrumors regular

a.y.n

Mine is still in processing. No charge yet, supposed to ship today but don't know if that's gonna happen.

6. joeptp macrumors member

Just curious as I am a developer as well, what might have triggered one to get the offer? Was it completely random? How many apps have you submitted? I have 5 apps on the App Store + 1 being developed for the Apple Watch and didn't get any offers.

7. a.y.n macrumors regular

a.y.n

I don't know really, but I have a personal developer account, and I also have a company account for my startup, I got the email offer to both accounts. I registered with both and only got picked to purchase the expedite ⌚️ with my personal account.

8. Drew888 macrumors 6502a

Drew888

It's for the :apple: Watch Sport only?

9. a.y.n macrumors regular

a.y.n

Yes, and only the 42mm blue one.

10. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Most of the shipping/status discussion has been in this thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1871888

To everyone asking about it, this was news that came out last week. Apple sent select developers an email saying they might have a chance at an expedited 42mm Blue Sport watch. We had to go to a site and say we were interested. Then last Thursday they had a "lottery" where they selected certain developers and sent them instructions on how to order the watch, and said it is guaranteed to be shipped out by today.

7:30PM here on the East Coast and mine is still "Processing.' They must be shipping from somewhere really close (probably Harrisburg in my case).

11. Drew888 macrumors 6502a

Drew888

Saw that thread, didn't even know it's the same. Maybe too focused on getting mine shipped! lol