Expedited shipping not an option for iPad2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gwen1o, Mar 11, 2011.

1. gwen1o macrumors member

gwen1o

I just got off the phone with Apple CS, it isn't even an option to pay to upgrade shipping. These are all coming standard shipping from China.

2. nixiemaiden macrumors 6502a

I'm not surprised. It seems like every year they offered expedited shipping, they ended up refunding everyone who paid for it because everyone got everything at the same time regardless of paying for expedited or not.

The standard shipping is so fast anyway it won't make much of a difference.

3. mac jones macrumors 68040

4. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

5. AppleGoddess macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

Funny i just called and they have large stocks in the US...go figure..

6. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

No you are mistaking the crappy free shipping that other companies use where it goes from UPS or FedEx to the USPS. Agony.

But Apple from China is express and usually pretty quick considering its coming from China.

Kudos for Apple for finally not accepting non-existant expedited shipping from China. They use to take people's money even though everything from China is obviously express since you can't drive a truck on the Pacific. People would get wise and have to call back for a refund.

7. Nickso macrumors newbie

My plan

I ordered online early this morning and all my items are ready to ship except for the iPad. I will go to my BB and try to get one there and if I do, I will cancel my iPad order online. I should be able to cancel it for the next 2-3 days.

My son and I just can't wait 8-10 days for it to show up.

8. AppleGoddess macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

My bet it will ship tonight I am almost sure of it as i have bought almost every launch.

but you can always return it.

9. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

If it does enter shipping, just don't open it when it arrives and send it back. Apple refunds you quite quickly, you'll just have to pay for fedex ground or something back to them. Be sure to insure it, just in case.

I did the same thing as you. Ordered, but will try to cancel or return, if I can get one tonight.

10. dagored macrumors 65816

Below is from my email confirmation. Now - the USA after the color on each iPad. Are they in the USA, shipping to the USA - the USA model, etc?

Just curious.

Not yet shipped
    Product / Part No. Qty

IPAD WI-FI 32GB BLACK-USA MC770LL/A 1

Ships: 3 - 5 business days
    Delivers: Mar 18 - Mar 25

IPAD WI-FI 16GB BLACK-USA MC769LL/A 1

Ships: 3 - 5 business days
    Delivers: Mar 18 - Mar 25

11. iPad 2nd Gen macrumors regular

Apple is taking every precaution to not let anyone have it early.

12. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Just buy it and then get away from the computer. Stop refreshing your emails. It's just an iPad.