Experience at Best Buy in Auburn Maine

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by maineauntie, Apr 6, 2012.

1. maineauntie macrumors newbie

Today my macbook pro locked me out and I could not remember my pass word so I went to my local Best Buy for help as I thought they were an authorized apple repair store. When I got there they wanted a receipt to prove the computer was not stolen...even though my picture was on the screen...store policy...then they did not recognize my Apple Care plan and were going to charge me 29.00 to "hack" in to reset my password BUT they would not do that because I had no receipt to present to them. Then the Geek squad guy said I would need my utility disc to work with Apple Care to fix this problem. Spoke with the manager and he said it was LAW.....the store law...that prevented them from working on my computer pass word issue.....well then I came home and called Apple care and within 5 MINUTES the problem was solved. So the moral of this particular story is this...1. According to this apple rep. Best Buy in Auburn, Maine is NOT an authorized Apple repair store...only an authorized retail store... 2. The operating system on this macbook pro is osx lion which has the utility BUILT in....geek squad did not seem to know this..3. my husband went back to the store to speak with the manager about the WONDERFUL and QUICK experience we had with apple care and to tell him that Apple said they were NOT and authorized repair store and the manager continued to insist they were...liar... so we will never shop at Best Buy again for anything...if you need help with your apple product, buy their care plan and their stores!

2. 184550 Guest

Simply putting your zip code in here would have told you they were not.

Why would they recognize a service product/ plan they do not sell and are not affiliated with and thus cannot be reimbursed for services rendered? :confused:

Why didn't you do this first?

No, the moral of the story is to educate ones self as a consumer so one does not make a fool of themselves.