Experience Exchanging 4Gb to 8Gb anyone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nicoboss, Jun 30, 2007.

  1. nicoboss macrumors member

    Feb 14, 2002
    New York
    I bought a 4Gb model yesterday evening at an AT&T store - but was offered (yes!) an 8Gb today, coming from the Apple store ....

    Does anyone know if I should just open the 8Gb and go thru a new activation process from iTunes and bring back the 4Gb on monday losing 50bucks, or if I should wait monday to see with AT&T how I should solve my "problem" - I don't want to unseal the 8Gb if I actually have to do all exchanges at the same AT&T store

    (Is my dilemna clear enough??)

    Anyway – any advice would be cool...

  2. BigPrince macrumors 68020

    Dec 27, 2006
    Seal Broken = 10% if you want to return it, no if, ands, or buts.
  3. SMM macrumors 65816


    Sep 22, 2006
    Tiger Mountain - WA State
    Something I learned in project management; only 'guess' if you cannot learn the truth. Monday should afford you that opportunity, right? If so, then take it.
  4. nicoboss thread starter macrumors member

    Feb 14, 2002
    New York
    thanks for the point of views - it's just i have this unopened 8gb in front of me.... anyway - of course i should wait monday to see how account transfer works on iphones ... in the meantime i'll keep on playing with the 4gb and be patient ..
  5. one1 macrumors 65816


    Jun 17, 2007
    Chattanooga, TN
    never open anything until you get your money! :) Anything opened is used and can even keep them from allowing returns in some examples.
  6. jedivulcan macrumors 6502

    May 15, 2007
    Well, if you have a 4gb and/or an 8gb nano laying around. Put a 700mb CD iso on it (to simulate the space of iPhone software), and then try to fill it up in iTunes. See how it works and how much space you need.
  7. powerbook911 macrumors 68040


    Mar 15, 2005
    If you used Amex, they might give you the 10 percent (amex).

Share This Page