Carrier Experience swapping phones with carrier?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macTW, Oct 30, 2016.

1. macTW macrumors 65816

Hi all! New to posting on the forum, long time reader. Recently, I used my line upgrade to renew my two-year contract with Verizon with an Apple-bought (so at contract rate) iPhone 7 JB. I really wanted (want?) a matte black 7. I missed my 14-day return period to exchange for one by one single day, yet Verizon said they weren't able to enable my line to be upgraded again. After an hour with customer service (including hold time), the lady told me her manager said the only way I could exchange it, is to go to a corporate Verizon store and ask for a straight-up swap. The manager at my local Verizon store said this isn't possible and I was misled. Was I? Should I try to go to a different Verizon store?

2. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

Is your phone defective? Does it not work? Why would they take a loss so you can change colors, especially since it's more than 14 days.

3. heyyitssusan macrumors 65816

Yeah they take the 14 day exchange policy pretty serious. Only people I know that is somewhat lenient with it is Apple themselves, but the carriers don't want to mess with it because they can't sell that phone if they take it back. The system won't let them process a return or exchange even if it's 1 day outta the return period.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

5. eyoungren, Oct 30, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2016

eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

My dad used to tell me "You're a day late and a dollar short" whenever I screwed something up and tried to fix it.

Seems appropriate here…

6. newellj macrumors 601

You can always try other stores. You may get lucky, but I wouldn't be optimistic. On the other hand, the worst they can do is say "no."

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its not going to happen.
    Its against policy.

8. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Sell it on Craigslist and buy the one you want. Next time buy the one you want in the beginning and save yourself the hassle and the money.

9. macTW thread starter macrumors 65816

All confirming my thoughts. Thanks for the replies! Time to enjoy my jet black and (try to) embrace the scratches!