iPad Pro Experience using Citrix on iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MullerC, Mar 29, 2016.

1. MullerC macrumors newbie

I currently have an iPad2 which is becoming incredibly slow so am looking to get one of the new Pro's.

my workplace uses Citrix and the new keyboard has me thinking i could now use the app more naturally and even do some solid work on it.

I would still do heavy work on a desktop but for looking at construction plans, drawings and note taking i think the iPad would be enough. I am a Project Planner/Manager

Anyone have experience using an iPad with Citrix? i am fairly efficient with shortcuts so lack of mouse isn't a big deal and touch screen is enough for the time i do need a mouse i assume. Is there any lag or annoyances that cant be done through the app, or is the experience very similar to working on a normal laptop?

I went to the store and the 12.9 does not seem as large as many seem to be making it out to be, it seems much smaller then a laptop.

I do wonder if i would get any odd looks going into a meeting using the larger ipad and keyboard to take notes instead of the norm of laptop or notepad.

Lastly does the AU apple store allow me to buy the large iPad and if i don't find it to my taste return it for the smaller one?

2. DMVillain macrumors 6502a

I got an Air 2 off eBay for $300 last month and I use it with Citrix often. I also bought a Microsoft Wedge keyboard just to use with Citrix and it works great, shortcuts and all. There are even a lot of shortcuts that can be used systemwide outside of Citrix.

If you have another iOS device, you can use that as a trackpad for Citrix. http://support.citrix.com/help/receiver/56/ios/en/mobile-receiver-user-pairing.html

With the Bluetooth keyboard and iPhone trackpad, I feel like I'm using regular laptop when using Citrix on my Air 2.

3. SoyCapitanSoyCapitan macrumors 68040

SoyCapitanSoyCapitan

I used Microsoft Remote Desktop. Just so easy.

4. off_piste macrumors 6502a

5. JD2015 macrumors 6502

I use Citirx for work and my experience is positive. I would recommend though using the citrix X1 mouse as will make it a more pleasurably experience when selecting text, cursor management and so forth.

I take my iPad Pro into meetings and aint bothered what others think. On the whole most comments I get are positive. I find it odd that people still use pen and paper in meetings and hardback diaries.

6. JD2015 macrumors 6502

Btw it supports split screen functionality which makes it even better now to use.

7. MullerC thread starter macrumors newbie

oh this is very good to hear,Ii started leaning back towards the 9.7 but this now leans me back to the 12.9. Went to the store today but they had none of the smaller keyboards available to view so will wait till I can try it out then make a decision.

8. minicard macrumors regular

minicard

I tried using split screen but when I do, it the Citrix app goes back to the home page (logging me off on my office website). Also couldn't do 50-50 split screen.

9. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

Frankly, Citrix on the iPad really sucks. My office has been using MS Remote Desktop, it it is tolerable on the iPad. Great in a pinch, and if it doesn't work, I call my secretary.