and a request for advice. Hello, all and TIA to any who respond with advice. B/f I explain my configuration, let me just state that I spend approx. 14-16 hours a day using VMs w/ Windows XP and that the need to use VMs (and the concommitant Windows delays) led me to an obession w/ performance. In my profession, time is quite literally money and so money spent on my computer (h/w and s/w) is regarded as an investment. Here is my current set-up (and yes, its very portable): 17" MacBook Pro Santa Rosa 3,1 2.6Ghz 6GB RAM (G.Skill) X25-E internal boot drive 2 x WD Scorpio Black (320GB) RAID 0 in an Addonics dual portable RAID enclosure (I run them JBOD and I use Apple Raid) Sonnet Fusion Sata Tempo Pro Expresscard/34. I have tried other drives and combinations (I tend to be skeptical of the hyperbole so often found in reviews) and these are the items that performed best. Oddly, the X25-E writes (IOPS) faster than it reads and only shows 31 NCQ. The Scorpio Blacks just rock, they are great HDDS, but the Intel is truly a superior (qualitatively) drive. 6GB RAM works -- I saw my usage go to 5.8GB today and I really wish we could use 8. Long and short - X25-E, worth it (here's a link to the X25-E results http://db.xbench.com/merge.xhtml?doc1=343395) - 6 GB, worth it - Scorpio Black external raid, worth it - Sonnet Sata Tempo Pro, worth it. My questions relate to optimizing the performance of VM Ware. Qs: I placed the c:/ drive of the VM on my boot (X25-E) drive and the "my documents" folder on the RAID volume, but the VM still grew to 10 GB w/n 2 days so I have to move it. I cannot do more RAM and I cannot find a faster boot drive. I've tried ZFS, but OS X doesn't support 64-bits or full tuning yet and so the benefit is lost. I think that I still want to run the VM fron a drive capable of high IOPs (I have an MTRON 3500, but I recognize the value of IOPS now as the X25-E is nearly impossible to stump; when I hit 5.8GB RAM usage I just happened to have checked out the Activity Monitor, otherwise, I wouldn't have known -- none of the approx. 15 apps. that were open slowed down). Can anyone advise me whether I should get an X25-M or X25-E to store and access the VM or does anyone have another suggestion (other than buying a mac pro, 2009 2.93 17" MacBook Pro and/or just appreciating what I've got - though I do appreciate what I have already)? Again, TIA.