Experience with BossPaper (or similar?) on iOS 5.0.1?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by MastahRiz, Jan 28, 2012.

1. MastahRiz macrumors 6502

BossPaper is a tweak that rotates your iPhone wallpaper automatically from images or folders that you set. Yesterday I tried it out and it didn't seem to work very well on iOS 5.0.1. I think it was eating my battery life pretty heavily and the wallpaper switching automatically wasn't working either.

Does anyone know of any alternatives for automatic wallpaper rotation? Or has anyone been able to use this tweak or something similar successfully on iOS 5.0.1 on a 4S?

Thanks.

2. Howmanyds macrumors newbie

I haven't found a way to get transitions working, but to get the rest of the tweak working right you need to enable bosspaper transparent background in winterboard, a separate cydia download. That will keep the background from reverting to the native one set in settings every time you close an app.

There's still another bug in ios5, though, which I'd like to see fixed:
    You know how from the camera you can swipe to the right to get into the camera roll directly? There's a quarter-inch gap between the camera 'shutter' and the last camera roll picture. This gap should be black but becomes transparent when that bosspaper transparent background is set. It's an annoyance but probably worth it for the joy if rotating backgrounds.

I haven't noticed battery issues, but I haven't done any tests/timings.

3. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Bosspaper is a very old app, max support early ios 4.

It's not designed for 5.01, dont expect it to be updated