Experience with hardcase on rMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by PEN10k, Apr 3, 2013.

1. PEN10k macrumors regular

Hello guys

Just want to hear if any of you guys have any experience with using a hardcase from ex kuzy, on a retina macbook pro? 13 inch model maybe?

Im considering buying one soon, so just want hear some reactions on it.

Thanks!

2. xShane macrumors 6502a

xShane

There's a few things to look out for when buying a case for your machine:
    • Make sure it truly fits. If it doesn't fit right, you don't want it scratching your machine.
    • Make sure you don't get one that cause your device to overheat (proper airflow).
    • Make sure you take the case off and clean out the dust and stuff, as I've even seen a report of mold growing under a casing.

3. PEN10k thread starter macrumors regular

Oh wow, don't want that to happen!

So if I buy a case and make sure it fits my computer, and on a regular basis take it off and clean it, then I would be good to go?

4. gmikesell macrumors regular

Sounds like it, unless, of course, the mere act of removing the case causes blemishes or damages the case itself.

5. Ploki macrumors 68000

I use a Booq Mamba case which opens fully and i just use it as a "pad" for my laptop when I open it somewhere dodgy. Cases... I wanted one but decided rather not to.

6. Rocketpaul macrumors regular

I use the speck see through smart shell. its brilliant!

7. fskywalker macrumors 65816

fskywalker

Don't know that brand, but Speck cases are nice; my rMBP, wife's MBA and daughter's MBP all have them and we're very satisfied.

8. IlikeMacsSoMuch macrumors 6502

I think that the case of the MBP is used to dissipate heat, so if you put a case on it, you might cause it to heat more, causing the fans to spin faster so more noise etc.

My last mbp was bought in october 2008, it's still shiny even if I never used a case. But in my laptop bag I have a reserved place for it, padded so it sits protected when I carry it around. I do the same with my new 2012 cmbp. I might buy a sleeve, but I won't use a case at any rate.