Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

corbywan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 4, 2008
Forest Grove, OR
I'm looking for some feedback from people who have been using the newer APEs, the ones with the dual radios. Specifically, those who have been using it to create two independent wireless networks, one private, one "public". I'm considering getting one for my office and would like to have just that setup; a private network for staff to access the net as well as a networked printer and drive, and a public network that is restricted to segregated internet access and cannot access the private devices (printer and drive).

Thanks!

50thVert

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2005
St. Louis, MO
I'm looking for some feedback from people who have been using the newer APEs, the ones with the dual radios. Specifically, those who have been using it to create two independent wireless networks, one private, one "public". I'm considering getting one for my office and would like to have just that setup; a private network for staff to access the net as well as a networked printer and drive, and a public network that is restricted to segregated internet access and cannot access the private devices (printer and drive).

Thanks!

I have a dual-band APE that's setup with two networks. One is my personal network with shared printers and drives and the other is setup as a "guest" network that has access only to the internet. It gives you the option as a checkbox IIRC. Pretty simple to setup. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.