Experience with QuiBids?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by o'malley, Apr 14, 2010.

1. o'malley macrumors newbie

I keep seeing tons of ads from these guys, one of the newly popular bidding/auction sites. If the ads are true, it's a great deal, but if it's too good to be true...

Anyone ever try this site out? It seems a lot like gambling in many ways, but maybe I'm not totally getting how it works. Anyway, if anyone has thoughts/experience to share, thanks in advance.

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

google swoopo which is much the same. Both are bidding sites and most regard them as scams. They are gambling, plain and simple.

3. o'malley thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah, that's certainly what it seemed like. i was thinking maybe i was misunderstanding the way they worked, but sounds like i had it spot on. thanks!

4. Apple-Man23 macrumors regular

my advice: stay away. there are several sites that work the same way and while I don't think they are scams per se they are gambling and require quite a bit of money in order to get a "good deal."

5. Rob587 macrumors 6502a

Rob587

Is this Quibids site legit?

I understand that you can get screwed if you bid, lose the auction, then dont use your bid money to buy it now. But if you do plan on buying the item, lets say the ipad, for full price anyway, why not try to win it for a cheaper price? Then if you dont win, just use the credit towards the buy it now.

And I dont think macrumors would allow a scam site to advertise with them. Anyone used them for an apple product or higher doller item?