Experience with Safeware iPhone insurance?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Intrepyd, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Intrepyd macrumors newbie

For iPhone insurance, Safeware is one of the few companies that covers loss/theft. To me, this is the only reason to insure the phone, since Apple will handle all other repairs for $199 anyway (and Squaretrade, i.e. charges premiums and deductibles totaling $149...not much savings there). But Safeware's policy for the iPhone 4 32GB is only $500 of coverage. That's $200 short of the retail replacement cost. I called their rep, and he said the $500 is the subsidized price of the 32GB with a new contrast, which is available to the consumer from AT&T six months after purchase.

Is this correct? I thought the 32GB iPhone went for $299 subsidized, and I thought that discount pricing is only available 18 months into a 2-year contract. What are the facts? Has anybody dealt with Safeware?

2. shadowlab4 macrumors newbie

According to AT&T's website there are 3 levels of pricing:

1. New customers & existing customers eligible for the standard upgrade discount (the 18 month deal) get the fully subsidized price of $299 for the 32GB
    2. Early upgrade pricing goes up to $499 for the 32GB. The site says the following about this option "For existing AT&T customers who are not yet eligible for our best iPhone 4 pricing, AT&T offers a special program exclusively for iPhone – early upgrade pricing."
    3. No commitment pricing, no discount @ $699

Hope this helps!

3. thespazz macrumors 6502a

This is exactly my issue! I'm ready to pull the trigger with them, but to only get $400 for my 16gb if it's stolen? I don't know....