Experience with squaretrade?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Kauai, May 26, 2015.

1. Kauai, May 26, 2015
    Last edited: May 26, 2015

Kauai macrumors 6502a

I just bought a new rMBP and I want to make sure my investment is protected, while Apple Care is great I know myself and while careful, accidents do happen and I'd prefer to have accidental protection coverage.

I've heard bad and good about square trade, including that in certain cases they've denied claims (which is frightening AND ridiculous) but they do have mostly good reviews.

Anyone here ever have accidental damage to a laptop and successfully make a claim with square trade? I'd really like to know!

EDIT; I've also heard of Worth Ave Group, any experiences with them?

http://www.worthavegroup.com/product/laptop-insurance/

2. Kal-037 macrumors 6502a

Kal-037

Depends on the day, but usually I live all over.
    Honestly I don't like Squaretrade at all, I dealt with them when I worked at Toys R Us a few months back and they would barely even cover a tablet or action figure. I always go with the Manufacturer Warranty especially if it's Apple as they are the best there is. Third party companies are always "iffy" IMO. Maybe get a "Speck" protective case for it (make sure no dust or debris is inside before putting it on then buy Apple Care+ IMO that's the best thing to do.

Kal.

3. wksj macrumors member

There is no AppleCare+ for MacBooks. It is AppleCare, no plus at the end. "+" means it includes accidential damage (e.g. AppleCare+ for iPads and iPhones).