Experience with StealthArmor?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by drewc1138, Jun 26, 2010.

1. drewc1138 macrumors 6502

After seeing the story about StealthArmor helping the iPhone 4 reception issues, I'm thinking about getting one. Has anyone had experience with their product previously? I know it won't offer as much protection as a true case, but how much does it protect the phone?

2. bubbs macrumors newbie

Ditto

Wondering this also. Am considering buying the clear one which comes with front/back/sides for $25. I don't see any info about install methods etc...

Anyone have experience/pictures of the clear one? Don't want to have to wait a month to order the Power Support stuff...

3. bubbs macrumors newbie

Decided to go ahead and order the clear. Will update with results later in the week. Anyone else get this already?

4. owmygulay macrumors member

It helps with the reception just like any other case of full body film. It just keeps you from touching that sensitive spot. There is nothing special about the silent armor. But I do think the carbon fiber looks pretty sweet. Let us know how the clear one is when you get it.

5. acousticbiker macrumors 6502

6. Pinksteady macrumors 6502a

Pinksteady

It seems from the comments from people online who have tried this, the general consensus is that it doesn't work.

See comment on this article: http://bit.ly/aHTNM5

and

Updates to this article: http://bit.ly/dwkxYZ

I'll be interested in a similar style of protective case, but I'd like it to fix the signal issue. I currently use the bumper but I'd much prefer to be able to see the original design of my phone!!

Still can't believe an issue like this got out into the open. While Apple have not admitted a problem, I'll put my next month's pay packet on the fact that the next iPhone will have a different design. Even if that is just a protective coating.

7. nolatron macrumors member

I got the carbon fiber one. It *helps* with the antenna issue, but does not eliminate it 100%. Since the side strips you apply only cover the top of the antenna and not the sides, you can still short them out if you grip the phone enough to smush your skin into the sides of the antenna band.

My issue was I didn't like how the side stripes looked. They weren't cut with curved ends like the website shows. They also gave the sides of the phone an odd feel. More sharp of a sharp edge with them applied than without. And I also eventually didn't like the gaps they left open for buttons and the sim slot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I replaced them with a black bumper today, keeping the carbon fiber back.
    [​IMG]

More photos of Stealth Armor

8. drool6 macrumors newbie

I had the one with the curve ends, and trust me.. you don't want them. The edges would eventually lift and I would feel the sharp edges every time I took out my phone.

On the other hand, I also got the carbon back from stealth armor. However, looking back, I would have gotten the one from SGP because it has the apple logo cut out. (http://www.sgpstore.com/product_info.php/cPath/21_28_89/products_id/1473). It also only costs $17.99 with the screen protector instead of the $45 stealth armor charges.

I got my wife the clear from stealth armor. I've just applied it and am waiting for the "imperfections" to dry out. So far so good, but in my opinion, not worth the $25.

FYI- I bought the stealth armors before I found out about the SGP carbon back.